About the client
An automotive parts manufacturing company that provides electrical and electronic, powertrain, and safety technology solutions. 4 thousand people are employed in Poland in four production facilities and in two modern Technical Centres, which have been prospering for over 10 years.
Sii provided a remote Team responsible for design and implementation of Board Support Package layer in which is a base platform solution for Infotainment Systems. BSP is responsible for providing hardware abstraction for whole Linux system independently from used SoC architecture.
What we did
Full responsibility for system components:
- Providing self-sufficient, remote team with leader on Sii site
- Planning and reporting project progress
- Direct contact with customer for requirements clarification
- Direct contact with SoC suppliers for drivers development cooperation
- Creation and management of system/software Requirements
- Design and development of whole BSP Yocto layer (bitbake recipes development, Linux kernel drivers integration and development from scratch, Xen hypervisor setup)
- Working according to Automotive SPICE and Delphi standards (development of all necessary documentation)
- Development of BSP Layer in Yocto solution responsible to provide abstraction from different uC used in system
- Providing all necessary documentation and testing required by ASPICE and Customer processes
- Providing remote manager service