Alstom- large manufacturer of regional airliners, business jets, mass transportation equipment, and recreational equipment, and a provider of financial services.
The client was looking for support in a number of works related to the creation of a frequency generator. This included:
- Fast Fourier Transformation for output signal adjustment in real time
- Generating output with DAC with DMA.
- Ethernet interface as a diagnostic interface
- Multi microcontroller setup (STM32F1 as ATP Controller and STM32F4 as Main Controller)
- Audio class-D amplifier as output
- Xilinx CoolRunner-II CPLD (prototyping phase)
What we did
The EDG-6 Frequency Generator receives information from the master system (managing railway traffic) and generates on their basis a code specifying the permitted speed on a given section of the train path.
Our 3 Embedded Engineers were responsible for:
- Creating an ATP Controller prototype based on CPLD,
- Creating an ATP Controller prototype based on STM32F1,
- Creating CPU software:
- Selecting a measurement algorithm (FFT, window, Fsamp, buffer size),
- Selecting an output generating algorithm (DAC, DMA), implementing the following software modules: Measurement Module, Frequency Generator Module, Diagnostic Module, ATP Module.
- Adjustment tests,
- Investigating the crosstalk effect,
- Impedance measurement,
- ATB code reading by the train – static test,
- ATB code reading by the train – dynamic test