Leading Polish petroleum corporation involved in the exploration and extraction of petroleum, its processing, and wholesale and retail sales of high quality petroleum products.
The client had doubts as to whether the systems used were fully functional (did they need updating, license purchase, etc. and did they meet business requirements and preferences?).
The Client needed to be reassured that the systems to be purchased would meet all demands and cover areas which were not covered by the existing system.
What we did
Sii consultants carried out a business analysis based on which it developed an application reference model for the Upstream segment.
The analysis covered the following stages:
- Identification of primary project objectives and, based on this, defining the direction in which to carry out business analysis.
- Establishment of a project team using human resources provided by the client. Verification of key personnel, decision makers, etc.
- Establishment of a time frame for the analysis. At this stage one of the key elements was to present a time frame for approval by decision makers (Steering Committee and Directors of individual divisions).
- Presentation and approval of the adopted methodology. We assumed that information on requirements in identified key areas would be gathered during workshops held with working teams. Workshops were held based on an iterative plan, i.e. at the first meeting the task was allocated and explained to the work team. Every subsequent meeting was focused on discussing the results of the team’s work on the task and the allocation of a new task, and its major purpose was to define functional requirements more precisely.
- Development and analysis of functional requirements reported during workshops, taking into consideration project objectives and requirements established by the project manager representing our Client. Establishing a structure of requirements for relevant defined areas and their grouping, based on level of detail.
- Preparation of a report on business analysis and a presentation for the Steering Committee demonstrating results from analysis.
Sii’s consultants work included creating a report on business analysis and a presentation for the Steering Committee demonstrating results from analysis and developing an application reference model for the Upstream segment. The model had to show major areas in the company and classes of systems necessary for individual areas (example system class: applications for geological and geophysical analyses).Learn more